Saturday, February 18, 2012

January 25th - ALT + CTRL + LUV

I'm not fooling anyone. I like nice things. I'm not going to pretend I don't. That said, I honestly believe I have a healthy view of all things material. I'm not prone to weeping if something breaks; it's something less I have to clean. The only thing that I would truly weep over is if I were to lose my pictures. The rest of the stuff is just...stuff.

I credit our military life for this perspective. Believe me, I get royally tweaked about plenty of other things, but stuff isn't one of them. My favorite time during a move was when the van, filled with all of our belongings, would pull away from our house. It was all gone, except the things that really mattered: us, our important financial/personal documents, pictures, and a family antique or two. I've never felt so free and unburdened. The first time we moved and that truck pulled away I couldn't believe the euphoria I felt. It really put things in perspective for me. Was I happy to see our stuff again? Sure. Would I have been rendered catatonic if I never saw it again? Nope.

Do you have the feeling I am leading up to something? You betcha. Despite my "Un-Material Girl" (yup, that's a Madonna shout out) groovy-ness, there is something that holds my heart like no other. The forbidden fruit...Apple.

First there was the iPod and I was so smitten with it I couldn't imagine ever being happier. And then I got an iMac. And then I got an iPhone. I love it. I want to marry it. And when the iPhone 4S gets a male equivalent of Siri on it, whispering sweet nothings to me, I will marry it. To put it in perspective, if my house were burning down I'd stick it in my pocket before hauling my pictures out. And then we got an iPad. {{big sigh}}

Why this long winded diatribe? Well, friends of Steve Jobs, January the twenty-fifth was Macintosh Computer Day. Although the boys are Apple devotees as well, I took care of celebrating the day, just my iFriends and me...iKnow, iAmWeird.

Aren't they cute? I just want to pinch their cheeks.
And I was the one whispering sweet nothings to my beloved iMac...


I shouldn't love anything as much as I love my iFriends. But I do. I may need an intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment